April showers bring May flowers and beautiful green grass!
How am I planning to spread Celiac awareness during this special month? To be honest, I have not fully thought about all of my ideas. I admit that I have been MIA lately as a result of being buried in paper writing, exam grading, and studying. Finals is right around the corner, but in 5 days I will be able to breath a huge sigh of relief! Because I am so busy, I have been thinking about more of the little things I can do to spread awareness, such as:
- Talking to the dietician about adding new gluten free foods to the cafeteria.
- Wearing my glutenlibre shirt. This is one of my favorite shirts, and it fits me so well as a Spanish major. Kathy and Brian, you would be happy to hear about all of the conversations that your awesome shirt has started!
- Wearing my GFAF Expo hat that I got in Chicago. This has also been a great way to start conversations.
- Joining the #positiveceliac twitter campaign started by Taylor at GlutenAway.
- Talking to other gluten free students on campus. For example, I gave a fellow student resources for her research paper about how colleges are accommodating gluten free students.