Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fall Time Adventures: 4 Positives and 1 Negative

Fall is my favorite season. Hands down. Beautiful foliage, pumpkin flavored everything, absolutely perfect weather, and football. It couldn't get any better!  The past 2 weeks have been ridiculously busy with class, work, studying, workouts, football games, road trips, and more studying.  How about sleeping, eating, and relaxing? I have had to remind myself to do these things or else I will continue to ware my body out.  Sometimes when you are overwhelmed with life, you have to take a deep breath, step away from the stress, and appreciate the little things.  I have definitely been trying to hold true to this lately, but it is not always easy.  Atleast the positives have outweighed the 1 major negative! Here is a recap in pictures of exciting things that have happened recently:


1.  THE JOHNNIES (my school) BEAT THE TOMMIES (our rival) ON TOMMIE TURF!!
This win is a big deal, folks.  Going down in the history books!

2.  I had the best gluten free experience while visiting my friend at the University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire (EWEC).

If my school offered as many amazing gluten free options as Eau Claire, I think I would die and go to gluten free heaven! This picture does not even do justice to how many gluten free options they had.  There was both a huge fridge and freezer of gluten free food stocked with every single Udi's product imaginable, almond milk, Evol meals and burritos, plain chicken breasts, eggs, peanut butter, dairy free ice cream, and more.  I was so excited. The gluten free food options were ten times better than the normal food options consisting of burgers, pizza, chicken nuggets, a salad bar, and canned fruit.  I definitely got my $9 worth of gluten free food!

These were the leftovers from dinner that I snuck out of the cafeteria!

3.  I discovered the best new gluten free granola ever at my local co-op.  

This granola is called Bliss Gourmet Granola and is Minnesota home grown and all natural.  I seriously wanted to buy every flavor, but being the chocolate lover that I am, I decided on the chocolate hazelnut.  So delicious and best topped on gluten free oatmeal with a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter!



4.  (the one negative) I spained my left foot (5th metarsal area) and am in a walking boot.  

Don't worry too much. I didn't fall and directly injure my foot.  I tweaked it nearly a month ago while squatting down to grab a textbook, and it has been gradually getting worse to the point where walking, stairs, and touching it hurts.  I thought it was a stress fracture, but the x-rays did not show any fracture, which is a good thing!   This is a big bummer for me, because I am a starting training for nordic skiing soon, so biking and upper body workouts will have to suffice for now.  Fingers crossed that it will heal quickly.  



My fashionable new shoe!

5.  I have found the best gluten free products at my 2 local co-ops (one is walking distance from my dorm and the other is a 15 minute drive!)  

Co-ops are the best.  Yes, they are expensive, but they have the best gluten free options! It is almost a bad thing that one is within walking distance from my dorm.  I am definitely a regular shopper at the co-op and will be getting a student membership at the beginning of 2014!  My favorite recent co-op finds include Reeds ginger chews and ginger ale, artisan bistro wild salmon, and gluten free country loaf bread imported from Bittersweet Gluten Free Bakery in the Twin Cities.  

  Pure deliciousness. My mouth is watering just looking at these pics! 



What is your favorite part about fall?!? Comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your foot heals quickly. My favorite part of fall is definitely the changing of the leaves up here in the Northeast, but let's also not forget that Pumpkin is in season. Can't wait to whip up some g-free pumpkin bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Candice! and same here! Pumpkin bread sounds amazing right now!

    ReplyDelete